Some typical questions that homeowners have:
- Should I renovate or add on to my home or should I consider moving?
- Is there a way to make the interior spaces of my home work more efficiently for me/my family?
- What are the limitations in the structure of my home?
- What is the potential in my home or property?
Every homeowner’s needs are unique and every home has both potential and limitations. Our most popular service is a simple on-site consultation. We’ll first chat by phone to talk about what you hope to achieve. I’ll quote you a flat fee based on the complexity of your issues and we’ll schedule an in-home visit. Depending on the scope of your questions, this visit ranges from 1-1/2 to 2 hours. We will walk through the space with you, look at how the the home is built and take note of how it is situated on your property.
After the visit, you’ll receive:
- A written report outlining your needs and project options.
- A summary of the basic known structural elements of your home, and any particular limitations.
- A basic zoning summary if you are considering adding on to your home.
- Any code issues that are pertinent and anything that will need further investigation.
- An “order of magnitude” summary in terms of budget and disruption which may help you prioritize which elements you will want to tackle first.
- A “next steps” guide depending on which issues you are needing to resolve.
Through this process, you will get a better sense of which solutions will work for your home and feel much more confident about what the process will be to accomplish your goals. Approaching a home renovation can feel quite intimidating, our goal is to leave you feeling empowered and on a clear path. Start the process rolling by emailing us through our contact form. We look forward to talking with you!